Sunday, August 1, 2010

Banana bread

I had a bunch of bananas that were over-ripe (nobody here will eat them once they get a brown spot on the skin), so I decided to make bread with them! I love the recipe I have! It started out as a random, basic recipe, and as I have made it more, I have played around with it and made it my own! I decided I will share it here, feel free to take it and make it your own as well!

Banana Bread

Oven: 350 degrees

Yield: 2 loaves or 8-10 mini loaves

6-8 small OR 4-6 medium to large bananas, mashed
2/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 to 2 cups white sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
3 cups flour

Combine bananas and butter, making sure to mix well. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla, again mixing well. It should look kinda soupy. add remaining ingredients and mix well. pour into buttered loaf pans.* Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

*I like putting toppings on my bread. Slivered almonds are delicious as are chocolate chips. Feel free to experiment!

Let it cool a bit before removing from the pans, then cool a bit longer before slicing! Store in a zip lock bag either in the fridge or on the counter! It also freezes well!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. MMM! Sounds awesome!I love banana bread, but have never made it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not bring some of this to our next meetup??

    -Diana

    ReplyDelete