Monday, December 7, 2009

Time for an update!

Seems like I never have time to update anymore! I know a lot has been going on, and I will try to recap here!

September was pretty good:) Jody and I managed to get a homework routine in place and she adjusted to her new school.

October came and went, with her first conference, which her teacher tried to tell us she was reading at a lower level that she actually is. I also got a job and started the end of Oct. I LOVE my job! I am working for Action Day Primary Plus. It is the private preschool and elementary school that Jody attended for the past 3 years. I am working as a substitute teacher and I am really enjoying it. We headed to Santa Barbara for Halloween. Jody was a Fiesta Girl (it is a summer festival in SB) and had more fun helping Grandpa pass out candy than she did trick-or-treating:)

November is kind of a blur. It took me a bit to adjust to working after being home for almost 2 years. We headed down to SB again for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful meal and I went shopping with my mother in law, which is always fun:)

I think that brings us to December! Jody turned 7 on the 5th! We had a small party at a pizza place on Sat to celebrate and then she had 4 friends over for a craft and a movie. 3 of the girls stayed the night and they all played for a few hours in the morning. I have finished all my shopping and wrapping:) Now I can focus on the true meaning of the holiday! Jody and I were talking about it in the car the other day and I realized she is understanding a lot more and it would be good to get more in depth with her.

I am heading down to Lockwood and Bryson this coming weekend and I cannot wait! The little girls that I used to watch when I was a teenager are now teenagers! I am staying with a friend that night and heading to church on Sunday in Lockwood. I miss the area a lot more than I thought I would. I don't have any family down that way anymore, so I don't get down there very much.

On a happier note, I already have my New Year's resolution!I am excited about it, and will share more about it later!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment